Sunday, July 11, 2010

Beloved Ashes

ashes caressed by the rain swept through the avenues of fragile glee...
ash transfigured into mush, murky like the darkest emotions of his heart...
i want to hold him, in his soiled state, i must and i did...
felt the gritty skin of his body close to mine...

I held him closer, pounding heart in a naked chest...
sobbing eyes like pearls... his strength gone, and dying- but it has to be...
i knew deep inside me he should. devoured by self, to be masticated into a new person...
i should wait, as the rain still pours... as his soul slowly diffuses...
as i fight the scene of witnessing the agony of a beloved

fell asleep while waiting... and as i opened my tired eyes, he's gone.
my face laden with gray dust... ash... the victorious rebirth i never saw.
My beloved left anew... heart full of grief i sat there. tears cutting through the ash on my face...
i was both happy and sad... alive and dead... asleep and awake...
i was both my beloved and me...

i was both my beloved and me... then a spark of hope.
He never left but instead became a part of me...
a mysterious union that only two genuine hearts could summon...
i could feel his cry when i cry... his words and mine come out of my mouth...
i could imagine his deepest thoughts in my memory...
one finally...



Choloisms Poetry June 18, 2010

No comments: